What's new

Welcome to the forum 👋, Guest

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

What colours do you avoid in your graphics work?

Shortie

DF Dollars
When it comes to any graphics work, we tend to have colours we love to use but then we may have colours we dislike and hate to use in our projects.

As a designer, do you have any colours that you avoid within your projects? What colours do you avoid?

There was another thread about choosing the right colours (it also led to the discovery of a helpful tool for this) , in which I mentioned how it was tricky for me to decide what to use. It's something I still have to learn a lot about.

I mention this since even though there might be colours I'm not particularly fond of, they might be the colours I actually need to use in order to make a design work based on theory/science. Perhaps the colour I don't want to use, might be the right one.

Maybe you've come across something like this? I might be overthinking this since I'm just starting out 😅

I haven't seen any colour that's not good. Some colours might be too bright or too dull but all the colours have one or two works they can do in graphics.

If you are good with colour combination in designing, you won't hate any colour because one way or the other, you will make use of them.

Colours that are too light and bright together. They fail to give enough contrast.

Yeah, I know but some designers make use of them. Brighter colours and shady colours go together than brighter and lighter colours together.

There are some bad color combinations when it comes to graphic design. The one's which stood out that I can never combine them is red and purple. They are both too strong colours. When they are combined, it doesn't leave a pleasurable view for the eyes.

Colours that are too light and bright together. They fail to give enough contrast.

Bright colours and light colours can never go together. It won't even bring you the best outcome when you are done doing the art.

There are some bad color combinations when it comes to graphic design. The one's which stood out that I can never combine them is red and purple. They are both too strong colours. When they are combined, it doesn't leave a pleasurable view for the eyes.
Red and purple are not really a good combination in terms of design. It's too strong and bold and it can't be used together. You can use them differently by adding dull colours with them.

This is the reason why it's very important to make use of colour palette to choose the best colours for what you're working on. It gives you a better chance of keeping out the off colors or the one's which are too bright for whatever you're working on.

Everything is all about what I'm working on. Depending on what I'm given to work on, there should be colors which will bring out the best in it and those are what I'm going to be working with. I'm always very conscious of colours that will works against contrast in what I'm designing.

The last time I went by a colour palette given by the client. The client himself had suggestions for the final piece. I was aware that will happen because that colour palette had issues. But it is useless explaining, so I went ahead, created the art and made the suggested changes. All are happy in the end.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

Choose the color combination according to your taste

Select Day/Night mode

You can use it by choosing the day and night modes that suit your style or needs.

Full screen or narrow screen

TYou can choose the body size of your theme as narrow or wide as you need.

Grill or normal mode

an use the forum listing structure in your theme to list in a grid structure or a normal structure.

Forum background images

You have control over the images added to the forum backgrounds, toggle the images on/off.

Turn off/on sidebar blog

To get rid of the crowd of the forum, you can get rid of unnecessary crowds by opening/closing the sidebar.

Turn off/on sticky sidebar

With sticky sidebar, you can use sidebar space faster and more efficiently.

Radius open/close

Close/open the folds on the block corners to reflect your style.

Welcome to the forum 👋, Guest

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.