What's new

Welcome to the forum 👋, Guest

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

Went to arts school

Dilip

Administrator
Staff member
DF Dollars
Did you get a chance to study at a proper arts school? What was your major? How was the experience?

I didn't get the chance to study in a proper arts school. I started learning online. I don't know about the experience of the arts school but the experience so far from online classes and YouTube videos was superb.

Do you have any favourite among YouTube channels?
I don't have any favourite channel. What I normally do is just to search what I wanted and the results will show. The channel I am currently looking at is Sunshell, you can check it out.

The same here. While I have certain favourites, Google knows enough about us. The algorithm adds suggestions automatically to our YouTube listing.

The same here. While I have certain favourites, Google knows enough about us. The algorithm adds suggestions automatically to our YouTube listing.
Exactly.. Google knows too much😂. I wonder how they know about us and bring the same things to me and even shared the same thing with another person.

🤣

YouTube is an excellent place to learn graphics. Unlike other courses, here you need to see and feel it. High resolution videos with local guys explaning is amazing to have.

I truly agree with this. I remember when I was looking for a tutor who would teach me what I needed to know about designing, but none was found. My cousin brother told me to check YouTube after giving me some hints on the basis, I learned a lot from YouTube.

Live is much easier, right? How we get to use online resource to learn graphics and other course where it is important to watch how people do it, where text books won't work.

Live is much easier although there are people that learn from reading books or studying them as a course. Live is like a practical aspect; while watching it, you also have the opportunity to try it out too.

I never went to a proper art school, the only time I was taught art was in the early years of my time at high school or secondary school as we call it here in the UK. I believe it was when I was in year 10, the last two years of my time at school I was able to choose the lessons I wanted to do that were not compulsory and art was not something I chose back then.

I was not opportune to go to a proper arts school. I have been able to learn everything that I know via the internet. Some of my friends who are experienced in the section were also truly helpful for me while growing.

I never went to a proper art school, the only time I was taught art was in the early years of my time at high school or secondary school as we call it here in the UK. I believe it was when I was in year 10, the last two years of my time at school I was able to choose the lessons I wanted to do that were not compulsory and art was not something I chose back then.
Yeah I had a similar experience, only learning about Art in School.

If you had a chance, would you have opted for an art school admission @Jweb @Shortie ?
I would definitely grab the opportunity and chance to go and have the experience proper in an art school. Even though I know it's possible to learn it online, I always have a thing for doing things the old school way.

Unfortunately, I never went to any art school which is only dedicated to teaching only arts and paintings. I did some art courses in the University but it's not enough to be considered studying arts full time.

Did you get a chance to study at a proper arts school? What was your major? How was the experience?

The closest that I came was attending a class when I went to see my brother at school some years ago. It was one moment that still I wish to have seen happen more. I learnt a bit about designing, but I know it was never enough.

I don't have the finances to go to an art school. I know that I would have learnt a lot assuming I was able to attend one.

In all honesty, I never knew art school was a thing back in the days when I went to the university. It was after I was graduated and out, then decide to do some things as a graphics designer that I found out art school had so much role to play in this field.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

Choose the color combination according to your taste

Select Day/Night mode

You can use it by choosing the day and night modes that suit your style or needs.

Full screen or narrow screen

TYou can choose the body size of your theme as narrow or wide as you need.

Grill or normal mode

an use the forum listing structure in your theme to list in a grid structure or a normal structure.

Forum background images

You have control over the images added to the forum backgrounds, toggle the images on/off.

Turn off/on sidebar blog

To get rid of the crowd of the forum, you can get rid of unnecessary crowds by opening/closing the sidebar.

Turn off/on sticky sidebar

With sticky sidebar, you can use sidebar space faster and more efficiently.

Radius open/close

Close/open the folds on the block corners to reflect your style.

Welcome to the forum 👋, Guest

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.