What's new

Welcome to the forum 👋, Guest

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

Oil or Water colour

Dilip

Administrator
Staff member
DF Dollars
Which style suits you the best? Oil paint or water colour? How do you decide per scene?

This is dependent on some factors. For example, I make use of water-based colours when I have work that has tight deadlines. I wouldn't want to make use of oil based colours that will take time to dry.

I make use of oil based colours because they tend to last longer. When I look towards durability, I go with oil based colours because of that.

This is dependent on some factors. For example, I make use of water-based colours when I have work that has tight deadlines. I wouldn't want to make use of oil based colours that will take time to dry.

This is basically what I do as well. When it comes to clients that want their works done within a short time frame, I don't think twice before going for water-based colors as long as I get what I am looking for.

Both oil and water colour have their own unique advantages and uses. Though I prefer using oil to water colour for almost all my work because of it's blending capabilities and this rich vibrant colours too.

I had use water colour not too long ago for a project that needed to be submitted immediately. Water colour is good because of it's ability to dry faster, portable and easy to clean.

Both oil and water colour have their own unique advantages and uses. Though I prefer using oil to water colour for almost all my work because of it's blending capabilities and this rich vibrant colours too.

I had use water colour not too long ago for a project that needed to be submitted immediately. Water colour is good because of it's ability to dry faster, portable and easy to clean.

I will say that anyone looking for great quality, making use of oil based colours will be the best thing to do.

This is basically what I do as well. When it comes to clients that want their works done within a short time frame, I don't think twice before going for water-based colors as long as I get what I am looking for.

That's nice. Recently, I have been beginning to consider not taking up jobs of clients who want the works done on short notice because it has not really favoured me the way that I wanted.

I haven't used oil or water colour paint in a long time but my preferred always used to be water colour over oil. I found that water colour gave a better effect when it came to graphics.

Thanks @Stan 😇

I think both oil paint and watercolour have their area and fanbase. It is like tea and coffee, it is hard to pick.

The first one is oil paint, second is watercolour

View attachment 47

As one can decipher from these colours, the oil based colour is always thick and rich in quality, unlike the water-based one. If it is let for me, a lot of designers should focus fully on making use of oil based colors in most of their design works.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

Choose the color combination according to your taste

Select Day/Night mode

You can use it by choosing the day and night modes that suit your style or needs.

Full screen or narrow screen

TYou can choose the body size of your theme as narrow or wide as you need.

Grill or normal mode

an use the forum listing structure in your theme to list in a grid structure or a normal structure.

Forum background images

You have control over the images added to the forum backgrounds, toggle the images on/off.

Turn off/on sidebar blog

To get rid of the crowd of the forum, you can get rid of unnecessary crowds by opening/closing the sidebar.

Turn off/on sticky sidebar

With sticky sidebar, you can use sidebar space faster and more efficiently.

Radius open/close

Close/open the folds on the block corners to reflect your style.

Welcome to the forum 👋, Guest

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.