What's new

Welcome to the forum 👋, Guest

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

How has your approach to graphic design changed over the years?

Shortie

DF Dollars
As graphics designers, over the years of working on different projects and learning new things you may find that your approach to graphics design has changed somewhat.

If you feel your approach to graphics design has changed, what techniques or tools would you say you have either abandoned or adopted?

I stopped making everything on my own. Depending on free and open source libraries or paying for premium package in resources libraries helps a lot.

It takes the pressure out of you, helps deliver fast and improves your work quality.

You can't stay the same way for too long. Change is constant and if you don't change, you will be left in the dust.

Do you remember when there's nothing like AI? Now, it's something that can't be overlooked. I've learnt to incorporate it with some of my work especially when it comes to getting ideas to work with. I can't do everything 100% on my own now when there's a tool to help me out on one way or another.

I just started developing interest in graphics designing, but I am always ready to learn as fast as I could. I have this urge to get better as each day pass by.

I just started developing interest in graphics designing, but I am always ready to learn as fast as I could. I have this urge to get better as each day pass by.
You need to also practice very well too in your process of learning. I see a lot of people who wants to learn by just watching videos and tutorials on YouTube which isn't bad but they need to practice as they watch. It's how they will get better at it.

There is a joke that I heard a few years back. " Learning swimming through a postal course. "

YouTube videos replaced that. Even if we have the aptitude, it is hard to do impressive work without practice. Even small changes can ruin an art work unless we know what we are doing.

There is a joke that I heard a few years back. " Learning swimming through a postal course. "

YouTube videos replaced that. Even if we have the aptitude, it is hard to do impressive work without practice. Even small changes can ruin an art work unless we know what we are doing.
You're absolutely correct. Practice makes perfection and when it comes to graphics designing, there's nothing like too much of practicing. The more you put yourself through more practical works, it's going make you better than you were yesterday.

How can your approach not change over the years working as a graphics designer. It's how trying to use the same tools I started with in 2007 to still work now, that's not possible. Technology advancement have a pull on everything and that's how I change with my approach too.

In the beginning, the only thought I had was to get the work done. It has changed now. I like to do it properly and using the right tools and methods.

The difference? You can handle almost any challenge thrown at you. If you keep using shortcuts, one day there will be a project where you can find none.

Everything changes even if you are learning how to cook. People changes over the years and same goes to designing. The more practice, the more good and beautiful the designs will always come out.

In the beginning, the only thought I had was to get the work done. It has changed now. I like to do it properly and using the right tools and methods.

The difference? You can handle almost any challenge thrown at you. If you keep using shortcuts, one day there will be a project where you can find none.
Making use of shortcuts only limits your growth as a graphics designer. It won't end well for you because you're simply chaining yourself and that's never going to help you improve on what you're doing. Those you're working for will see through your smokescreen one day and that's the end they will use your services.

Change is something that is always occurring all the time. A very good example is how artificial intelligence is now been used in graphic designing. Some years ago, this is not something that is feasible but right now, you cannot do without having AI in graphics.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

Choose the color combination according to your taste

Select Day/Night mode

You can use it by choosing the day and night modes that suit your style or needs.

Full screen or narrow screen

TYou can choose the body size of your theme as narrow or wide as you need.

Grill or normal mode

an use the forum listing structure in your theme to list in a grid structure or a normal structure.

Forum background images

You have control over the images added to the forum backgrounds, toggle the images on/off.

Turn off/on sidebar blog

To get rid of the crowd of the forum, you can get rid of unnecessary crowds by opening/closing the sidebar.

Turn off/on sticky sidebar

With sticky sidebar, you can use sidebar space faster and more efficiently.

Radius open/close

Close/open the folds on the block corners to reflect your style.

Welcome to the forum 👋, Guest

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.