What's new

Welcome to the forum 👋, Guest

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

Windows Theme

Dilip

Administrator
Staff member
DF Dollars
Were you involved in designing a Windows 10 or 11 theme? Did you do more than the design part and add some code?

Nope, I was never involved in designing a Windows 10 or 11 theme. I'm not sure if I have the skill set to do something like that in my current level as a graphics designer but it's something I'm looking forward to reaching as long as I'm still working my way up.

Unfortunately, I wasn't but I would definitely be interested in taking part in it because I believe that it's a good opportunity to make a mark in the industry. If and when such opportunity comes my way, I will definitely be grabbing it with both hands.

Were you involved in designing a Windows 10 or 11 theme? Did you do more than the design part and add some code?
If Microsoft comes to handpick someone like me to work as part of the team behind the designing of Windows 10 or 11, it means that I'm no longer any ordinary designer but a pro. Sadly, we are not there yet.

I wasn't involved in the designing of Windows 10 or 11 theme but one person whom I knew that was part of the team in charge of the design was Cristina Cordova. She was the Principal Design Manager at Microsoft.

I am not sure whether there is any good framework we can use, to build themes for Windows. I will check and update.

One simple method is to edit open-source Windows themes.

The above for example have the basic files required in a Windows theme.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

Choose the color combination according to your taste

Select Day/Night mode

You can use it by choosing the day and night modes that suit your style or needs.

Full screen or narrow screen

TYou can choose the body size of your theme as narrow or wide as you need.

Grill or normal mode

an use the forum listing structure in your theme to list in a grid structure or a normal structure.

Forum background images

You have control over the images added to the forum backgrounds, toggle the images on/off.

Turn off/on sidebar blog

To get rid of the crowd of the forum, you can get rid of unnecessary crowds by opening/closing the sidebar.

Turn off/on sticky sidebar

With sticky sidebar, you can use sidebar space faster and more efficiently.

Radius open/close

Close/open the folds on the block corners to reflect your style.

Welcome to the forum 👋, Guest

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.