What's new

Welcome to the forum 👋, Guest

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

Terminology

Jweb

DF Dollars
As someone just getting into Graphics Design, some of the terminology (especially acronyms) can throw me off.

What are some terms you think a beginner, such as myself, should know about as they are getting started.

And if you can provide some concise definitions that would be great 😀

Fill, stroke, SVG, Raster

The inside of a circle = Fill
The outline of a circle = Stroke

Raster - an image made of Pixels ( coloured dots )

SVG - scalable vector graphics - can magnify according to your will, raster cannot without losing quality

Fill, stroke, SVG, Raster

The inside of a circle = Fill
The outline of a circle = Stroke

Raster - an image made of Pixels ( coloured dots )

SVG - scalable vector graphics - can magnify according to your will, raster cannot without losing quality

Thanks!

Learning about SVG and Raster made me consider what format I should use when coming up with a graphic.

Photoshop uses Raster, while Illustrator uses Vector. It is mainly Raster or Vector in graphics these days. SVG is a vector format. It is so popular that a lot of people use it to represent Vector graphics.

what format I should use when coming up with a graphic.

It depends a lot on the base image. If you are working on a photo, it is Raster graphics. Not easy to vectorise it.

There are so many acronyms which you can get familiar with in graphics design. I'm sure you must already be hearing them before now. They are;

1. PSD - Photoshop Document.
2. JPEG/JPG - Joint Photographic Experts Group.
3. PNG - Portable Network Graphics.
4. PDF - Portable Document Format.
5. UX/UI - User Experience/User Interface.
6. GIF - Graphics Interchange Format.

There are 120 terminologies in graphics design which you can find in this article. I hope it's very helpful to anyone who's going to need it.

There are so many acronyms which you can get familiar with in graphics design. I'm sure you must already be hearing them before now. They are;

1. PSD - Photoshop Document.
2. JPEG/JPG - Joint Photographic Experts Group.
3. PNG - Portable Network Graphics.
4. PDF - Portable Document Format.
5. UX/UI - User Experience/User Interface.
6. GIF - Graphics Interchange Format.
When I was a newbie, I don't know the meaning of some of these words. I can read and pass them until one day, I decided to check what what they mean. I found them and also found other acronyms.

There are 120 terminologies in graphics design which you can find in this article. I hope it's very helpful to anyone who's going to need it.

This is more like a comprehensive list of most of the terminologies you need to know in graphics designing. I picked up some I never knew their full meaning from the article.
When I was a newbie, I don't know the meaning of some of these words. I can read and pass them until one day, I decided to check what what they mean. I found them and also found other acronyms.
It's the same thing for most of us graphics designer when we started out. We have to learn on the job.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

Choose the color combination according to your taste

Select Day/Night mode

You can use it by choosing the day and night modes that suit your style or needs.

Full screen or narrow screen

TYou can choose the body size of your theme as narrow or wide as you need.

Grill or normal mode

an use the forum listing structure in your theme to list in a grid structure or a normal structure.

Forum background images

You have control over the images added to the forum backgrounds, toggle the images on/off.

Turn off/on sidebar blog

To get rid of the crowd of the forum, you can get rid of unnecessary crowds by opening/closing the sidebar.

Turn off/on sticky sidebar

With sticky sidebar, you can use sidebar space faster and more efficiently.

Radius open/close

Close/open the folds on the block corners to reflect your style.

Welcome to the forum 👋, Guest

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.